Web Browser Module Error

I’m using the Web Browser module to implement a page that simply shows a forecast view from windfinder.com, and I’m getting a strange behavior.
Basically I set the url directly on the component’s property:

wb = self.rootContainer.getComponent(“Web Browser”)
wb.startingUrl = url

I tried the page using various notebooks and through various networks, in some cases the page fails to load and I get an error message in the console, like this:

16:36:39.670 [Browser Events Thread] INFO WebBrowser.BrowserComponent - Web browser frame failed to load. Error = ABORTED, URL = https://www.windfinder.com/#14/51.482/-0.145
04:36:39 WARNING: [0206/163639.727:WARNING:spdy_session.cc(2908)] Received HEADERS for invalid stream 13

I tried various workaround, it seems that putthing a “refresh()” on the component before seting the URL solves the load problem, but I still get the error message.
Anyone has an idea of what the problem could be?

What version of Ignition / Web Browser module are you on?

Sorry for the delay, here are the infos:
Ignition v 7.9.7 (b2018032914)
Web Browser module v 3.9.10 (b2018112821)
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2
Java Version: 1.8.0_171-b11

Any resolution on this? Java version/JXBrowser compatibility issue? Other issue?

From what I’ve been able to ascertain, the most recent JXBrowser-based chromium ‘skips’ support from Java 9 which is what’s embedded in my current version of Ignition (7.9.10), which explains why I continue to get a compatibility-based fault on my WebBrowser (4..) module in the module management page of the gateway.

If I run a JNLP project file using my local Java 8, if I’m remembering right, the Web Browser (2..) works, but not with the embedded OpenJDK 9. I can double check this. There was a window of time where anything using the older WebBrower component (2..) was rendering an all white screen for me while using OpenJDK, but this seems to have recently resolved with no action from me.


The corresponding Web Browser module for 7.9.10 is version 3.9.10 and can be found in the archived downloads.

You might also upgrade everything to 7.9.11 while you’re at it.

Okay, awesome. Thanks Kevin.

I poked around for an updated one but was only able to locate the 4.. version. I’ll give this a spin and see if my windows containing a Web Browser component will actually open in the designer now…