Web Browser Module for Version 7.8

Hello Experts,
I am trying to download the web browser module for Ignition V7.8. From the download page the earliest available version is for V7.9. Is this compatible / usable for V7.8?
Any advice or download links would be appreciated.
Thank you
Woolie

If you go to the Version Archive tab of the downloads page you should be able to select the version of 7.8 you’re using and download the appropriate Web Browser module.

Thanks James, for the prompt reply and the version link.
I’m not sure why I couldn’t find it earlier.
Appreciate the help.
Woolie

Hi All,
I’m back with a different question. I am trying to access ignition client pages using a web browser via the Local Area Network. I downloaded the “Web Browser” module as a trial not realising it’s not what I require. Although there are many computers on site accessing Ignition (Version 7.9) using the “Client.exe” what I am hoping to do is allow no-regular users to access certain pages (as read only) via a web browser from within the companies LAN. Is this possible?
Thank you
Woolie

That would be Perspective in v8.

Thanks you Phil for your reply. I am guessing by that answer, accessing Ignition pages via a web browser is not possible with Version 7.9. I will discuss with management about upgrading the Ignition version to the latest.
Again thank you for your prompt reply and wisdom.
Woolie

There is a “Mobile” module for v7 that can display Vision client windows as images embedded in a web page, with minimal interaction capacity. Its miseries and limitations spurred the development of Perspective, and those miseries and limitations were enough to have it dropped entirely from v8.

Thanks once again Phil,
I’ll stick to getting management to upgrade Ignition.
Woolie