Websocket Node-Red error “Ignition disconnected”

NodeRed and Ignition is running on separates VMs.

Hi at all,
i have installed Ignition Node-RED Module 1.5.13 (b2023022800) in ignition 8.1.27 , but license showed in module page is in trial.
I see from node-red i can read value also if time 2 Hour gone.
My question is, this module is free or trial ? Because i have installed ignition licence, and gateway still title me license incomplete for this module.

Thanks for answer

ps: i not have disconnection "Ignition disconnection" in flow node-red

The module is not marked as free so that it can be used on Edge:

You can:
A - build and sign the module yourself, with isFreeModule() set to return true.
B - contact your sales rep to get the module added to your existing license to avoid the trial banner.

Pretty sure "A" won't work. Even free modules need to be whitelisted for Edge.

Well, I don't actually know if @m.pelagatti is on Edge. If they aren't, then it would still be a (complicated) option.

1 Like

Thanks for answer,
No I have installed standard ignition, so as far as I understand I can't remove the trial even by contacting my local sales rep? If it's actually like this, however, I can use it quietly?

Thanks for the reply

If you have a license for your installed, contact your sales rep and ask them to add the node-red module. Then you'll need to reactivate your license (so that you get the updated version) and then the module should come through as licensed.

Ok thanks, this module have a price or it's free?
I haven't found anything about it.

Thanks again

It's free. You are welcome to compile it and sign it yourself, as mentioned above. Adding it to your license is simply the easier way forward.

1 Like

So if I understand this correctly, the Node Red module will work for any edition of Ignition Edge if i get my sales rep. to add the module to my Edge license?