What are the best alternatives for charting in Perspective?

What are the best alternatives for charting in Perspective?

Alternative to what? The included charting components in Perspective? I would say the first alternative I would start with is the KyvisLabs ApexChart module..

Another cool module I've seen recently for time-based data is from Ben Musson from the forum: Chart.js.

2 Likes

*The current chart works great for time-series data, but real-time charting is still a work in progress (it's still more performant than Apex Charts, but not where I'd like it to be).

The next release of the Chart.js module will have a dedicated tag-chart component, powered by the API provided in our tag-stream module. The end experience will be:

1. Add the component.
  2. Bind/select your tag paths.
  3. Profit.
1 Like

Can I get 100 of these

1 Like

sure,
Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit Profit

6 Likes

Trying to work with the charts in perspective.

Started with Time Series Charts. I need to show 292 rows of data with 5 cols.(t_stamp, sensor 1, sensor 2, etc.) and it takes way longer than I would expect to load. I need to have 5 charts similar to the one I described that tab between during a run. There is no real difference speed wise between Chart.js and the perspective charts.

I am not sure where to go from here.

Hoe are you building the data ?

This.

My Chart.js component test view uses 100k points and loads instantly (with fixed data).

1 Like

I was using Query Mode AsStored. I just changed it to PointCount and it makes a big difference in speed.

AsStored should never be used with Wide return format, anyways. Ignition has to "make up" timestamp/value combinations to avoid nulls in the returned table. If you use tall format, and then group by tagpath, you can get individual series with the actual asStored timestamp/value pairs. (I recommend the Integration Toolkit's groupBy() expression function for that.)

1 Like

A teaser for the nerds.

5 Likes

Wow. That is truly amazing! Great job - I'm looking forward to using this in a production app soon

You can expose an API and send requests to it. A world of possibilities.