What can cause opc-ua device connections status to reconnectwait

Hi Ignition Experts,

I am stuck to the ReconnectWait with the OPC UA device connections. Can you please advice what could possibly wrong here?

Thanks
reconnect wait

I donot have installed external database, I am utilizing default one.

ReconnectWait is an intermediate state that basically means it's waiting to attempt another connection. You can't connect to this device for some reason, and the driver is periodically retrying.

What driver are you using? What device/model is it? Are there any messages in the logs?

It is AB 1756-L8 , I can ping the device and go online without issue. I have attached snip of log error I am getting

I have attached snip of JDBC driver

it.

If you set the loggers for "drivers.LogixDriver" to DEBUG level and then go edit/save the device without making any changes it will force a reconnect and you should get some different errors, including one with the actual connection failure.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Diagnostics+-+Logs#DiagnosticsLogs-ChangingLoggingLevels

I did that and it is showing me debug logs.

Can you upload the logs here? Right away after the edit/save there should have been something different than the useless "not connected" error.

Ignition.zip (4.3 MB)

Your connection is failing at the network level:

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedSocketException: Permission denied: no further information: /10.70.140.12:44818
java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: no further information
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
	at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)
	at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:337)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:334)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:710)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:658)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:584)
	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:496)
	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:995)
	at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I've never seen "permission denied" before, so I'm not sure where to point you. Some kind of AV or firewall or permissions problem with whatever user the Ignition Gateway service is running under, maybe?

It was firewall , I turnoff firewall and it got connected. Thank you for guidance.