What Gateway to configure alarm journal - main or remote?

Hi All,

I have an architecture as shown below. There is a single main Gateway with RDBMS and Ignition 8 with Vision. All Vision and Perspective clients will run off the main Gateway only.

Then there are several remote sites (only one shown here), each with its own PC running Ignition 8 (not Ignition Edge) and with a RDBMS on the remote PC. Each site Gateway has a Gateway Network connection to the main Gateway. Also each site Gateway has a DB connection to the main Gateway RDBMS server as well as its own local RDBMS.

What I am trying to do is set up the Alarm Journal, and the corresponding Alarm Journal Table object. I would like to utilize the Store and Forward capability of the remote site Gateway, therefore I initially set up the Alarm Journal on the remote site Gateway, using the DB connection to the main Gateway RDBMS. But when I try to create an Alarm Journal Table in a main Gateway Vision window, I can’t figure out how to point this (using the “Journal Name” property) at the Alarm Journal configured on another Gateway.

So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to point an Alarm Journal Table object on one Gateway to an Alarm Journal configured on another Gateway? If so, how would this be done?

2. If (1) is not possible, if the Alarm Journal is configured on the main Gateway (with Alarms configured on tags on the remote site Gateway), will the Store and Forward capability of the remote site Gateway be utilized automatically? If not is there a way this can be configured to use Store and Forward on the remote site Gateway?

3. If (1) and (2) are both not possible, would it be possible to configure the Alarm Journal on the remote site Gateway and then push or replicate the DB tables from remote site Alarm Journal to main Gateway Alarm Journal, in such a way that the Alarm Journal Table object on the main Gateway could be used successfully?