What modules are needed to create a Powerchart in Perspective that historizes multiple tags

First time utilizing a database within Ignition, so I'd like to make sure I'm only buying the modules I need. I've added PowerChart screens to my Perspective applications that track and visualize about 10 tags (height, flow, etc.). I'm using an SQlite database connection to store the values.

What are the minimum modules do I need to accomplish this? I already have the base Ignition and Perspective modules.
SQL Bridge?
Tag Historian?

Why?
You can get a Database for Grown-Ups at no cost.

1 Like

You need the tag historian module if you wish to use Perspective's Power Chart at all.

The SQL Bridge module is always optional, but allows drag-n-drop configuration and monitoring of conventional DB table recordings without scripting. (Scripting can replicate all of that functionality, but for some non-zero engineering effort.)

Under no circumstances should you use SQLite for production history. It is not designed for it (it is designed to hold application configuration data) and will fall over if you push it even a little bit.

Use MariaDB or PostgreSQL if you need something free but need the option to purchase support later.

1 Like

I appreciate the response. I will look into the other databases for the final implementation. I was really just using it to test and get it working, but was not aware there were other free options.

For someone with little scripting experience, how difficult would it be to learn to do the SQL configuration via scripting myself?

Hard to say. Do you have other conventional programming skills? If so, getting jython do do useful things is a change in style, not substance.