When barcode scanner enters a new value, a default screen should be shown

And if it is a client tag change script, I can see the result in the output console, correct?

@dkhayes117 happens to the best of us

@pkhoshroo Correct. Though honestly after using logging in the client I much prefer it to print statements as it won’t get flooded out by other java swing errors that may occur.

1 Like

Thank you @bkarabinchak.psi and @dkhayes117.

Now I should make all my scripts organize to find the answer to my original question. Thanks a million!

I don’t recommend print statements in Vision if there’s any chance your script will run in the background. The print statements probably won’t come through in that case. The logged messages do.

2 Likes

In all of your screenshots your code isn’t indented properly.

This should look like this:

1 Like

So below is the summary of what I did to solve the problem based on @dkhayes117 and @bkarabinchak.psi hints:

1. created a memory tag called “BarcodeScan” in my default tag browser, this tag is being used by the barcode scanner.
  2. Then I created a client tag change scripts using client events called “DefaultScreen” and have that to be triggered by the BarcodeScan tag:
  3. I wrote a single line script:
    system.nav.swapTo('Top')

And THAT’S IT!!!
Now whenever the new barcode value is entered, the default screen (Top) will be shown.
It was very easy!!! I do not know why I made it so complicated in my head!!!

1 Like

That is correct! Thank you!