Where has the Script Playground gone?

I could be looking in the wrong place but in the FPMI designer it used to be under the Tools -> Advanced -> Script Playground.
I can’t find it in the Ignition Designer.

Am I missing something?

Yeah, it never made it into Ignition. Wasn’t entirely sure if anyone ever used that feature, but we have gotten feedback that it is indeed being missed. It’ll make it back in there soon enough.

Any Timeline as to when we may see this in Ignition? :prayer:
…it is sadly missed.

It should be in there by 7.1 which will be out sometime next month.

This is in for 7.0.6

Is there a reason why the Playground clears the script buffer after the commands are successfully run? If you are interactively developing/testing a piece of code it frustrating to have to re-enter your code if you just want to make a small change and then try running it again.

Would it be possible to add a button to terminate a continuously running script? A simple script error such as:

while 1: pass

will cause all of Designer to lock up and the only way I have found to get it back is to kill it with task manager.

How about the “up” key fills in the buffer with the last command, like a shell would?

I can look into the infinite loop safety, but I’m not sure if we’ll be able to protect you from this sort of mistake. Thats the trade-off for having such a powerful scripting language.

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]How about the “up” key fills in the buffer with the last command, like a shell would?[/quote]That works

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]I can look into the infinite loop safety, but I’m not sure if we’ll be able to protect you from this sort of mistake. Thats the trade-off for having such a powerful scripting language.[/quote]What does a real (non playground) continuously running gateway script error do to the system?

Gateway-side scripts run in their own threads, so they would tie up that thread. This would mean your CPU would be very high, or on a multi-core system one of your cores would be “pegged” meaning it was running at full capacity. These are not mistakes you want to make, obviously.