Why it is so slow opening projects?

I have a project installed in a machine with a good internet connection. The client runs the project in a pc with a good internet access, but the project takes like 15 seconds to load. Why it takes so long? Is there a way to make the project faster?

Thanks for your answers!

[quote=“SamJaimes”]I have a project installed in a machine with a good internet connection. The client runs the project in a pc with a good internet access, but the project takes like 15 seconds to load. Why it takes so long? Is there a way to make the project faster?

Thanks for your answers![/quote]

You have to remember that Ignition doesn’t actively install anything on the machine per say. When you start a jnlp file Java Web start checks to see if the currently cached files on the local machine are expired, or if the files on the gateway are newer, the complete project is then downloaded and then Java needs unpackage everything into the cache and fire up the client. While each individual step in the process is relatively quick, put all together it does take a few seconds.

That being said, I’m not sure of the impacts, but it looks like you could make Java do the checking for newer versions in the background by adding

<update check='background'/>

to the end of the jnlp file.

I also experience the same issues. i was wandering if there is a way to make a tag that reads in
the clients machine performance ie memory and cpu. relevant to my project i think it is impacted
by the heavy use of graphics and unused screens left in the project that are also getting cached. i also
would like to know if its better to try to manage better which windows close or just swap… my thoughts
are to let the heavy ones stay cached and close the ones that are less " graphical"… I would also like to know
the relationship of the polling rate to the screen load time. I pretty much have to design for the poorest pc
as to insure it operates well for all users. i would also like to know better how to manage all this when there are also
users with dual monitors. if they launch fullscreen the project disappears…i had to enable windowed mode and instruct
those users to use it instead…

any advice to improve project performance appreciated. please steer me in the right direction if I
could do these things better to make a more reliable application… java does unpredictable things sometimes
with some managerial users this is not really a good thing… i had a dual monitor user who drug the windowed project
to their second monitor and it went haywire. it took some " gentle persuasion" to finally get the project completely up
and running. this didnt make a very good impression since we just started with ignition in my plant and i am the sole designer… needless to say i could use all the tips i can get…

@SamJaimes The amount of time it takes to load a project varies greatly depending on what that project contains. For instance if you have a large amount of windows or many large images a project will take longer than a smaller project.

What is the general size of your project in terms of screens and images?

Does this happen on first launch or every time?

No, just happens opening the project, but it is solved. It was more about the images. Thanks for your help