Will resetting gateway password affect production?

Got a rogue gateway here. Operations are running fine, but no one has log in credentials.

If I reset, it while production is running will it affect the project?

It only resets the identity provider/user source combination for accessing the gateway web page itself. (By creating a temporary pair.) It doesn't change any projects. So you can get into the gateway, manage users on the prior IdP/source, then switch back. (And finally delete the temporaries.)

Spoke too soon: It puts the gateway back into commissioning mode to do that. Probably breakage?

1 Like

I did see it needs a gateway restart after in the docs just now

On the gateway restart, and re-commissioning, I created a new user. Is this new user the temp provider? And how do I create a new user in the default provider so I can log in to a Perspective session? The temp provider does seem to allow for Perspective logins.

Yes, the temporary user is in the temporary user source and hooked to the temporary identity provider. Only the designer and gateway authentication is changed to use this temporary setup.

You are supposed to use "manage users" in your normal user source (or externally fix your AD or whatever) while in this temporary setup. So your normal setup will let you in. Then you set the gateway and designer back to the normal source/provider and delete the temporary provider/source.

If you are keeping the temporary setup, you are doing it wrong.