Wind rose

Hi

I need to be able to display a wind rose for an air quality monitoring application. For those unsure of what it is, here is a sample (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wind_rose_plot.jpg)

It is similar to a compass in that it also of course have indicated directions (North, South, East, West, etc), but as you’ll see from the example, it is a little bit more specialized.

Does anyone have an idea of how I might be able to incorporate something like this into Ignition?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Koot

We don’t have a chart component that will display that type of graph. The only way to bring that in will be to make one yourself using the Module SDK. With the Module SDK you can create a module that adds new components, drivers and more to Ignition. If you know Java it won’t be to hard to create the component. JFree does have a wind rose plot and we use JFree in Ignition for most of the graphs.

You can always put in a feature request to get this chart added to Ignition but I can’t guarantee when the component will be there.

You could also create one of these using the Paintable Canvas

Hi

Thank you for the replies. I will see what I can get going with JFree, alternatively I will explore the options with the paintable canvas. It may not be a bad idea to perhaps add something like this to a future version, but in the meantime I’ll see what I can come right with.

Thanks!