Window Size Nuances

Does anyone have, or can someone point me to some good rules of thumb for window sizing and layout?

I have a few operator interfaces that need to look good on a variety of monitors. When I get them working well on a large screen monitor, they don’t work well on a laptop. Is there good starting point for the aspect ratio?

How do window size, minimum size, and maximum size affect each other?

Is the most common method to put the window objects (relative layout) in a container that is anchored or did I misread that post.

Thanks,
Mack

We don’t have screens that work on a huge range of resolutions, but we do normally design screens as templates for sections that fit together.

Then for each type of content, it can be decided whether it should scale or stretch (via the anchor options).
Be sure to “enable layout” on the template, so the defined anchors are actually used.

Then finally different templates are stitched together (just placed and aligned on the same screen) to form screens for different resolutions.

But it all depends on how your installations looks, and to what extend you try to visualise the reality or rather want to show the raw data in tables.