Windows 10 PRO vs Windows Server 2019

I couldn’t find a post on this, so I wondered what everyone’s favorite platform is to run Ignition 8 on, I’ve installed on Windows 10, but wanted to move to a server for reliability hardware-wise. Does anybody suggest Windows Server 2016 over 2019? Going with such a new OS (2019) seems like a bad idea, but I don’t want to get behind the curve from the start.

Ours is currently on Windows Server 2008 r2, and we have and no issues with it hosting Ignition for about two years now. We are planning to upgrade to Server 2019 at some point. However, a lot of people favor Linux for Ignition.

Properly licensing Windows Server can get real expensive real quick. If you’re not planning on using any of the features of a Windows Server OS, you’ll probably be better off with a LTSC release of Windows 10.

Of course, it also depends on what you have easily available to you with you MS licensing agreement (smoke 'em if you got 'em). My personal experience with 2019 has been very good so far.

User Cal’s alone moved me towards Linux. As said a properly licence server gets expensive.