Windows scale and layout

Hi all,

I have created a Vision project for 1280x1024 panel PCs, each view has this size. Menus are floating popups with full height. Opens on the right side of the screen with set coordinates.

Also in the project there are some 12" tablets with 1920x1200 resolution. With Windows scaling set at recommenced 125 % the main screens scales correct for full height, but opening the menu pop up makes the entire view (both background and popup) zoom in yet again, making scrollbars appear for the entire screen.

Setting the Windows scaling at 100 % solves this, but makes the use of non-Vision related work harder as icons etc. are quite small.

Any tips or ideas on how to “lock” this down? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s your menu made of?

One way is to reduce the menu height to 960 (1200/125%) to get rid of scrollbars if you want to use 125%.

If I reduce the menu height to 960 I guess it won’t use full height on the 1280x1024 screen. It looks good on both panel PC and tablet as long as we do not open the menu. The 1280x1024 window scales up to 1200 pixles height, all good until the menu (with same height) is open. Then both the main window and the pop up scales up yet again. Everything gets bigger and scrollbars appear.

With a dock shown, the main window should reduce in size as it will reduce the width of the main window. This will reduce the size of relative layout components. A west/east dock will always extend to the top and bottom of the client window (or to the bounds of the north south dock based on config), so a menu dock designed for 960 high will show full height for the 1024 screen.

Pardon me if I do not understand. My popup is floating, not docked.

Ah, whoops! That’s what I get for multi-tasking :confused:
If it’s a popup, then you can always set the height of it when you open it via script using system.gui.transform

Knowing your resolution may help decide if the transform is necessary or not.