Works Lite

First, I’ll say: Cool!

Will the 1 client be limited to a local client a la the now (apparently) defunct Panel Edition, or can it be remote?

EDIT: Just noticed spelling errors. sorry…

Right, it’s a totally normal client, and can be remote.

Regards,

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]Right, it’s a totally normal client, and can be remote.

Regards,[/quote]
What happened to Panel edition? Free edition is no more?

Will Panel Edition be made available to customers that have purchased The Works?

The selling feature was Panel Edition could be used as stand alone in the event that network was lost.

Is that feature off the table now?

We are about to purchase another Works package. This could influence the decision.

Maybe its just me but I think something between the works lite and the works limited would be extremely popular. essentially a 1 client version of the works limited but also having the capability of having alarming.

Dennis - there are lots of options. It’s easier if you just call Vannessa to talk about them.

Diat150 - The packages are really just a base, you can add on other modules. We went back and forth on packages a lot, and frankly it’s hard not to end up with a “package” for every possible combination, but we need to keep the base choices as straight forward as possible.

The panel edition was causing certain support/business issues, not to mention that we didn’t really think it was effectively achieving its intended goal. It isn’t technically removed from the software, but we’ve removed the ability to generate free licenses from the website.

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]Dennis - there are lots of options. It’s easier if you just call Vannessa to talk about them.

Diat150 - The packages are really just a base, you can add on other modules. We went back and forth on packages a lot, and frankly it’s hard not to end up with a “package” for every possible combination, but we need to keep the base choices as straight forward as possible.

The panel edition was causing certain support/business issues, not to mention that we didn’t really think it was effectively achieving its intended goal. It isn’t technically removed from the software, but we’ve removed the ability to generate free licenses from the website.[/quote]

ok that makes sense. I guess I would have to add a sql bridge module to use the sql tags history?

Yes, that’s right. It includes the sqlbridge limited, but that’s just the historical group.

Regards,

Can u use Works Lite together with SQL Bridge standard module?

Hi,

Yes, certainly, it just wouldn’t be the “works lite” package exactly, but instead “1-client Vision+Full SQL Bridge”. You’d have to call in (or email sales) to buy it, though, as I don’t think the web store has the ability to generate these combinations yet.

Regards,

ok. actually the only thing im after is the sql bridge to transfer data to and from plc<>sqldb. no hmi screens or client connections. is it still 1-client vision(works lite)+full sql bridge thats the cheapest way to get the sql bridge functionality then?

Hi,

In that case, just buy the sqlbridge on its own, no need to have the vision module at all.

Regards,