Writing Date and Time Periodically to Micrologix PLC

I am looking for a way to periodically write the date and time from the Ignition gateway to a Micrologix PLC. I am trying to sync the clocks. Can this be done using Ignition or will I need to find another solution?

When I try to post the attached file as a direct reply, the forum locks up on me, but here’s a possible solution to your question

Thank you! I will try this and report back.

Hi,
Another option depending on how many PLC clocks that require syncing is some free software from Rockwell called clock update tool which is part of the RS5000 software but it can be used for Micologix, SLC and control logix systems. You’ll also need RS Linx lite for the update tool to work and is very easy to set up. See the link below.
rockwellautomation.custhelp.com … et/120196/

[quote=“Clkman”]Hi,
Another option depending on how many PLC clocks that require syncing is some free software from Rockwell called clock update tool which is part of the RS5000 software but it can be used for Micologix, SLC and control logix systems. You’ll also need RS Linx lite for the update tool to work and is very easy to set up. See the link below.
rockwellautomation.custhelp.com … et/120196/[/quote]

Thanks! I was looking at that. I am trying to find a machine that I can leave on all the time to do the syncs.