X-Value in XY Chart Bullet Tooltip

The default text for the bullet tooltip is {name}: [bold]{valueY}[/] and the documentation simply says

in regards to how to format the text of a bullet tooltip in an XY line chart. Is there any way to get the x-value in there? I’ve tried valueX, x, value all to no avail. Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

1 Like

It looks like {valueX} should be correct, but maybe you could also use a series name?
https://www.amcharts.com/docs/v4/concepts/formatters/formatting-strings/

2 Likes

Ah, I got it.

Apparently it’s {valueX}, {categoryX} or {dateX} depending on how the value is treated. In my case, I need {dateX}.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Is it possible to “export” this dateX into another component (a label for example) ?

No, these are special formatting strings that the XYChart’s internal rendering code (coming from amcharts, see above) knows how to format.

Found the info in here very useful. It would be awesome if Inductive got this into the official documentation.

I noticed for my chart {dateX} was the ticket, {valueX} would not render anything for my time series data.

If I want to take this {categoryX} value and display it on a separate label component, how do I link it?

I tried to create a custom property within the XY chart, and link it to the tooltip text, it shows only a static "{categoryX}" text string, not the actual tooltip value.

You can't. This was explained by PGriffith above in post 5.

2 Likes