XY Chart - Selection of Points

Hi,

Back again with another XY Chart question. I have my chart displaying correctly i'm now trying to figure out the 'selection' options. I can figure out how to select a single point (click on it) but how can I select multiple?

I've tried shift+click, ctrl+click. . .

Thanks

I don't think you can.

As a consolation prize, have a look at what you can do with tooltips. (The thread is kind of a cheat-sheet that I worked out.)

Humm. . . ok thanks.

In the linked thread where your bullets are transparent where did you add the opacity value?

I have somehow - made it select two point, so it seems the mechanism does exist:

series.0.line.appearance.bullets.0.fill.opacity
You probably want to disable the stroke.
There are some bugs with the bullets. The size setting doesn't work below 3. (The Perspective charts were "bought-in" from AM Charts and the implementation has a few funnies.)

Oooh! Can you do it again though and share it with the rest of us?

1 Like

I haven't managed to do it again - :confused: It happened during an exasperated slap of the keyboard. . .

In Designer or in a browser session?

In designer, with the view in 'play' mode.

I feel like there must be a way to do it. The docs for AM Chart have a section for cursor selection. . .

If not I'll just write a script to monitor for value change and programatically select between the two clicks

Ok - so a half working solution so far.

Event script bound to a double click on the chart:

This adds the selected point to the table dataset, the table dataset is bound to a second chart dataset which in turn has a series associated with it, so it shows up the selected points:

The issue with this is the zoom level resets everytime you double click a point. . . . so that is the next battle. . .

The events configuration should have options called 'Stop Propagation' and 'Prevent Default'. Try turning those (or either one) on and see if that stops the zoom reset.

Unfortunately not, the zoom only resets when the dataset is bound back to the chart. i.e. if I just have the double click update the table then the zoom remains. But once the chart datasets are dynamic then the zoom resets on update

If you pass the dataset into the "selected data" section of the chart properties it works but then it doesn't display them

Perspective - XY Chart - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation states that selection.data is "A read-only list of selected data points."

Well you can definitely write into them from a script. . .

You can probably do that for any property but it looks like nobody is listening in this case.

Seems that way - but also the wording; "A read-only list of selected data points."
does suggest that there is a way to select multiple points. . .

Is there a property that is the current zoom range?

There is: in the browser, when there are multiple pens.

The verbiage indicates that only the user can set this property, not a script.

Cool. Cool.

So is this functionality of the AMChart not yet available:

I'm pretty sure I can script something that achieves what I need - I just want to be 100% sure there isn't a native functionality first. . .