XY Plot in 7.8/7.9

Hi,

I am interested in creating XY Plots. I have 2 Historically bound tags ( X and Y) and I would Like to plot X vs Y. I checked the Inductive University Videos called "XY Charts’ under Report Charts (https://www.inductiveuniversity.com/video/xy-chart?r=/course/reporting-in-ignition), but it looks like the Ignition version used in the Video is old.

In V7.9.4, I tried using Chart object, but couldn’t find a way to assign a “Domain Key” for the X axis. I tried a few things but wasn’t able to create a XY plot where X and Y are 2 historically bound tags.

Could you please guide me in making a XY Plot in Ignition 7.9.4

The video you linked to is within the reporting module, not a vision component.
In the chart component, you need to set up an X-axis that is Numeric (that default X-Axis is Date).

Here is a video I just uploaded. Sorry, no audio, no time… You know how it is. :slight_smile: But it should help you point in the right direction. I modified the demo data by eliminating the date column to make the data more “scatter-y”

Oh yes, my Bad. Actually I hadn’t explored the Reporting Module, so I didn’t realize that it wasn’t the Vision module, I just thought it might be an older version of Vision as it looked different.

I have actually tried the method you mentioned before, it doesn’t work if the Dataset is got from a Tag History binding. Due to the binding, I am not able to delete the t_stamp column. If I delete it, it just comes back due to the binding to the Tag History.

I have a crude solution, which “works” but I am not happy with it. What I do is Add a Table to the page and get the two tags ( X and Y) into to using Tag History binding. Then in the Chart I write an Expression for the Data "columnRerrange( “tableDatasetpath”, “X”, “Y”) to eliminate the t_stamp column. This is cumbersome, I was hoping for a neater solution.

You don’t have to add a whole table. Just a custom dataset property to receive the tag history. You might want to take a look at the view() function in my Simulation Aids module (free!). It lets you “reprocess” any dataset into another dataset using pseudo-SQL syntax.