Bacnet Local Device

Hello All,

I have a question about the binding address of the bacnet local device configuration. On the ignition manual, there isn't much detail about it and the reason for the default of 0.0.0.0

I am trying to connect a bacnet gateway device and not sure if the BBMD address or binding address would be the best but right now, neither is working and I am having a difficult time trying to communicate with MS/TP from Ignition.

The binding address is the Ignition side of the connection. The address Ignition listens to on its end of whatever protocol is involved. (0.0.0.0 is the internet wildcard address.) So, never the right setting to use for some other system's IP address.

This is your third topic in a few days asking the same question. See here:

and here:

That is against this forum's rules.

Your other posts probably didn't get an answer because the volunteers who hang out on this forum don't have an answer. Bacnet MS/TP has few users in this niche of the SCADA world, so we just don't know.

If you don't get answers to a topic in several days, it is reasonable to add a comment to "bump" the topic, in case some volunteer here missed it the first time. After that, you should contact support. (This forum is not support.) Or otherwise pay someone to help you.

Thank you very much for the information.

In case you don't know, many [probably most] regulars view the forum with the latest posts on top. Editing the last post in a topic or adding a new reply to a topic will move it back to the very to top of the list. We call this "bumping," and it's a fairly common way to give a stale or cold topic another chance to be seen. Unfortunately, sometimes it just takes a while to get an answer.

If you figure this out before you get a reply, please let us know what the solution is, so the next person looking for a solution to this problem won't have to ask

1 Like

But put it in the oldest topic, that these all point at.

1 Like