Bad_GatewayCommOff in designer, OPC UA crash?

Found beta HMI screeens non-functional this morning - all tags had lost communication. All OPC UA Devices were listed as “Enabled”

After some digging, i restarted the Logix Driver Module driver (no effect) and then the OPC UA (8.0.0-beta0 (b2018121802)) which seems to have resolve the issue

Here’s the log entry that seems to be responsible/ More info available upon request.

UascClientMessageHandler 12Jan2019 13:38:23 Error validating chunk headers: received unknown secure channel token: tokenId=258 currentTokenId=257 previousTokenId=256
org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.UaException: received unknown secure channel token: tokenId=258 currentTokenId=257 previousTokenId=256

at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.transport.uasc.UascClientMessageHandler.validateChunkHeaders(UascClientMessageHandler.java:698)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.transport.uasc.UascClientMessageHandler.lambda$onSecureMessage$10(UascClientMessageHandler.java:617)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.channel.SerializationQueue.lambda$decode$1(SerializationQueue.java:67)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.util.ExecutionQueue$PollAndExecute.run(ExecutionQueue.java:107)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)|

Can you provide the entire log export or zip up the wrapper.log files and attach or email them to us?

Do you have any additional OPC UA connections aside from the default “loopback” connection to Ignition’s server?

Only the one loopback, but ~15 device connections. Sending you a PM

Thanks, got your logs. Can you upgrade to the latest release and let me know if it happens again? It looks like your OPC UA module is from Dec 18th.

If you updated to the latest build I think you would continue to see this periodically but the connection should recover automatically. There were a lot of different errors in your logs and I’m not sure this one was the root cause of what you were observing or not.

I can’t reproduce this since it’s a race condition, but I did find a place that it could be happening and fix it, so one of nightly builds this week will contain a possible fix.

I look forward to it. Happened again overnight.

This issue should be fixed in the newest build.
Let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.