[BUG-13632] Perspective - Docked view modal fail

I’ve been having issues with the modal option on docked views when they are triggered by a button. Sometimes they open as modal, sometimes they don’t, it appears to be alternating.

Test scenario:

• Create a docked view, display: onDemand, content: cover, modal: true, handle: show (it shouldn’t matter but mine was on the left)
  • Create a main view with a button -> set event script onClick -> Dock -> Open
  • Try opening from the button and from the handle

Version: 1.02-SNAPSHOT (b2019051002)

0 Likes

Thanks for the report, @apereira. We have a ticket for this and will update you when its been fixed.

1 Like

Any update on timing for a fix on this one?

0 Likes

Unfortunately, no. We are still considering this a low priority on our end for now. But I can definitely let you know when we get to it!

0 Likes

We have been testing a touch screen application and the current size of the on demand button is borderline unusable on our screens especially if the calibration is slightly off. With the inability to change the button size as well we wanted to throw a custom button to open and close the docks but the loss of modal really throws a wrench in the flow of our application. We could add a close button on the dock but I’d like to avoid it. Could we get the button size or this modal thing potentially moved up in the priority list?

0 Likes

There is active work on designing UI for Docked View Handle customization but it’s in the Design phase, so I would not expect it before 8.0.4 at the earliest. 8.0.5 is much more likely.

Since the Modal issue requires less effort than the new UI, the modal issue is likely going to be fixed before the new UI process is complete.

Bumping the priority is unlikely as there are a number of factors which go into determining the priority of each issue, but there was a note added to the ticket that the issue is still active and receives regular inquiries.

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks!

0 Likes

Alternatively, if you could pass modal=True into system.perspective.openDock that could help with using the buttons. Not sure if that is an easier solution to this bug or not. Having the ability to make the handles bigger and look how we want (to replace a custom button) would be ideal though.

0 Likes