I have a situation with the Power Chart where it appears to be caching the initial tag list and not showing newly added tags.
Here’s the scenario.
- Add a Power Chart control to a view
- Set the config > tagBrowserStartPath to histprov:[history provider]:/drv:[system name]:[tag provider]
- Launch the new view. The “Browse Tags” tree view displays the list of tags, as expected
- Add a new tag to the provider being referenced in the tagBrowserStartPath
- Come back to the new view. The “Browse Tags” tree view does not display the newly added tag. I have tried both the refresh button on the Power Chart as well as a manual browser refresh (F5).
- Back in the project, clear the config > tagBrowserStartPath Power Chart property.
- Back in the browser, go to the new view and drill into the Power Chart tag tree to the same provider initially used.
- The new tag is now visible and will remain visible even after re-applying the initial tagBrowserStartPath value, as you would expect.
To me, this feels like the initial filtered result is being cached, and the only method that I’ve found to invalidate it is outlined in steps 6-8.
Any feedback appreciated.