[BUG-6553] Ignition Perspective Drop Down search text color left out of style sheet

I am working on a project using themes. When a dark theme is selected (does not matter which default dark themes) the text while searching a drop down does not display.
Here is an image of the search text displaying in light themes:
here is an image of the search text displaying in dark themes:

I can not find a way to edit the color of the text to something other than black.

Apparently there is a small problem in IA css file.
you can fix it by editing the dropdown.css file in [ignition_base_path]\data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes\light\common
replace :

.ia_dropdown__search {
    font-size: 0.875rem;
}

by:

.ia_dropdown__search {
    font-size: 0.875rem;
    color: var(--neutral-80);
}

But if I edit the theme css i have to do it every time I upgrade ignition right?

Is there a way to inject it to make sure that I can fix it from the designer without updating the theme?

Also, it feels like that should be a property that can be adjusted in the designer just like the style and dropdownOptionStyle allow edits to text colors

FOUND METHOD TO FIX THANKS TO COWORKER
in side a style sheet you can inject the color for search like so:

For anyone else looking for a way to make the change without adjusting anything outside of ignition designer.
Thank you as well to jeremy.lecoutre

2 Likes

I don't like css inject, but yes you can

or you can create your own css theme, see readme file in data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes
or you can wait 8.1.22 release wich give you a project style in designer:
https://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/new-stylesheet-resource/64787

That is very useful as well. Creating our own is on our list of items to do. However, the specific project is using the 6 built in and I just needed a way to get it up and working for our customers. Short term fix is the injection (i agree it is kind of messy).

I also do not have access to the gateway the designers are on directly. So making changes at that level takes more time. But I can make the edits in the designer quickly and get it out to our customers.

This was also fixed in 8.1.22, so if you take that version you don't need to apply any extra styling.

1 Like

Thank you. We plan to update all of them to 8.1.22 Just a temp fix until the release week off 11/1/2022. Thank you for taking the time to review the thread!

1 Like