[bug]Unable to import 7.9 project

I have a project from 7.9.10 that’s unable to import into 8. When I try to import the .proj via gateway I receive a red error box: “Gateway reported that it could not import project”. However, the project does appear in the project list.

Is it alright if I send the project via email for a closer look?

I sent you a link you can use to upload the project.

Thanks Kevin. Uploaded.

This project imported without issue for me. Can you make sure you’re on the latest build?

Definitely on the latest build. I upgraded this morning on that box from 3/13 build.
I’ll try to to do a fresh install for now.

Oddly enough I don’t get any errors on my localhost (also running b2019031902)

I’m running windows 10 pro (no issues)
remote server is Windows Server 2019 Standard (can’t import)

Update here; after performing a fresh install of today’s build I’m still unable to import that project on the server 2019 standard box.

Maybe it does work? The project appears in the project list but I get a red error right after the import.

Is there anything in your gateway logs?

There are lots of info messages about setting LastModification to “external”.

@BumbleBeeTuna can you upload a full log export, or send it via PM?
Also, I moved this issue into a different thread, since the root issue in the original thread was resolved.

Sent. (sorry, I responded the original thread accidentally).

Do you have any antivirus or other software? The Setting LastModification to "external" lines mean just that - we’re detecting that the files have changed in an unexpected way, and it’s happening an awful lot on your system (unless you kept trying to import multiple times?)

That's not what's happening. It's the first time we've seen those files because it's an import; it's us writing back to the files with last modification details.

1 Like

Tomorrow’s build should actually log whatever error is happening on the gateway.

Zip and upload them here if you can.

Sure. sending now.

Note timestamp: 16:23:49
This was the first failed import which through errors. Subsequent imports didn’t seem to create those errors.

Ignition-BHS-DEV_Ignition_logs_20190319-1553.zip (122.6 KB)

I will report back tomorrow.

Hi Kevin, I just upgrade and imported with the same results (b2019032002). Does this suggest the issue is the OS?

Can you attach your logs again?