Change forum user name?

Is it possible to change ones forum user name? Because the first time i was logged in and went to the forum and it auto created this nickname, which seems not to be changeable in the user settings.

1 Like

What do you want it to be? It looks like I have the requisite powers to change it.

1 Like

“SKA” or “SKA AB” if the first one is not available to be used.

is there a way I can do this myself or do I need someone with admin rights to make this change?

Do you see a pencil icon on your username in your preferences? If not, then you presumably don’t have permissions.

no, I do not have that pencil icon

What would you like it to be?

hsw1217 if that is unique

Done.

thank you!

omg, I just have the same question, if there were a way to change my username, because I created it like my last job email, but it doesn't make sense anymore, and I don't want to create another account, so is there a way you could change my username to "Sheko29" if it's available please :pleading_face:?

I found a post from April. Looks like an admin had to change the username. I don't have an edit button next to my name in my profile. I would like to change it, as it is currently my full name.

Thanks.

What name do you want instead?

hw79 if available, thank you.

1 Like

May I please request to change mine to 'SiruzTek' ?

Thank you.

1 Like

Why not modify it once a year (or other conditions)?

That doesn't appear to be an option with Discourse, the forum software we're using.

HALW80 if available please

Can you please change my username to AVG04? or Chaz2022

Thanks!

1 Like

Can you change my username to grg17 if it's available?