"Error fetching users" after upgrading to 7.6.3

We just upgraded from 7.5 to 7.6.3 and I’m now getting in the error log this error about every minute or two:

ERROR [Wrapper] [10:59:41,627]: [profileName=Research] Error fetching users. ... java.lang.NullPointerException

I believe that’s referring to the the name of a Active Directory driven User Source (formerly Authentication Profile) that we use for authentication and roles. I’m not having any problems authenticating to the gateway, the projects, or the designer. Could I have some incorrect setting that’s causing this?

Yeah, in 7.6 Ignition tries to bring in all the Active Directory usernames for the two Hybrid profiles. If this is what you have, you can turn off this fetching by disabling the “List Users from Active Directory” setting.

This is plain-ol’ Active Directory, not one of the Hybrid profiles. There is no “List Users from Active Directory” option to disable.

Then you probably are trying to retrieving more users than you realize. There’s a finite number of users that can be handled (I don’t remember what the limit is), so you need to make sure your filters are enough to only bring back the users you need. I recommend creating an IgnitionUsers group in AD and filter on that.

4 posts were split to a new topic: AD Authentication issues