[Feedback] NEW Perspective Alarm Status Table

We have had some components with known memory leaks in the past, although the bulk of those were fixed in the last release. Can you tell us more about your setup so we can help? Thanks.

The Alarm Status Table pulls alarm data from the Gateway. It can not be set up to connect to a database. Would the standard Table component be a better fit for you? With some configuration, you can set it up to behave similarly to the Alarm Status Table since they are both built on the same foundation. Feel free to check out this thread and let us know if you have any questions.

I sent in the wrapper logs in with a support ticket as well. It seems that there perspective tries to load fire an event model that does not exist. In the meantime we have resorted to designing a table component. As long as I am able to show my client that they can view their system on web browser on the fly is vital . Thank you!

Any update on this please? (Marquee Mode)

1 Like

Is there a way to make filtered “Shelved” alarms? I currently have 2 projects, where they can’t see each other alarms.

It works fine for the active alarms, but the shelved ones (the counter) appear on both.

Is there a workaround for this?

The best solution we found was to create our own table and setup our own filters and headers. The current alarm status table creates too many bugs. Our memory and cpu load went from 99% to around an average of 5% by creating our own alarm status table.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, we will include something like this for phase 2 of the Alarm Status Table. It was planned to add the pager to the AST, the same one that the Table component uses, but I think adding a built in marquee mode is a good idea.

-Y

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this. Support has certainly made us aware of the memory and cpu issue you reported. What other bugs or issues have you encountered?

-Y

Here is another issue we are having: some tags show up as “bad_failure” even though we have double and triple checked the opc and tag config. Not sure what is causing this:

. Any clue what could be causing this?

Hi-
Is there any way to access additional columns for the Shelved tab? I realize you are providing the same 3 that exist in Vision but it would be a nice feature to be able to display at least the Display Path in the shelved table. I tried adding the same named arrays as in the active array but nothing gets filled in when viewing the table, only the column header names. My customer just asked me to remove the sourcePath from the active alarm table because it doesn’t mean much to them. In the shelved table, this is the only identifier of what alarm was shelved.
Thanks-

Hi,

I am not sure. But others might be able to help. If you don’t mind making a separate post in the forum regarding this issue that would be great. Thanks!

-Y

Hi,

No, not currently. But we can consider this in phase 2 which should be happening soon. I will add this to the list. Thanks for letting us know.

-Y

It is possible to translate the name of the alarm?
it is possible to remove the “details” button?
it is possible to remove the “settings” button??
It is possible to remove the “SHELVED” tab??

1 Like

The answer to all of your questions, is no, not yet. We do plan to apply translations to the table components sometime soon. Regarding your requests to remove specific items, I will add these to the list, and do my best to include them in the current work on the alarm status table and implementation of the alarm journal table. Currently this work has been placed on pause, as we work on more pressings items, but should resume this week.

Hello,

We have a customer that wants the perspective module, but in this project we have the alarm status table and we can not translate it, so when you say “soon” for when can we estimate the date? end of the year? begining of next year? 2021…? can you give us a more specific answer?

Thank you,

Hi,
Please, any idea where I can configure the Alarm details? … It pops up empty.
I have ignition 8.0.4 installed.
Tags are located on 7.9.12 Gateway

Good afternoon. I am working on the same project that vcgasman asked this question about back in August. We still need to be able to sort by default by active time first…is that possible yet? Any ETA on it, if not?

Thanks…

Hi,
I made a separate post but thought I take my chances here as well! The Alarm Status Table in perspective doesn’t poll my alarms while the same component in vision does. Any ideas?
Cheers,

It’s a known issue, should be fixed pretty soon.

1 Like