How would I disable a popup in Perspective from closing from the escape key?

There is probably a way to trap it, but it seems like I would have to trap it in every possible object that could be selected in the popup?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, there is only one possible way to prevent this, and I 100% advise against it because it will impact EVERY usage of Esc.

In the Designer menu bar, select Project > Session Events > Key Events, and create a new Key Event. This Key Event should be for the Escape key, and should specify that it will happen during the Capture Phase, that you want to Prevent Default, and that you want to Stop Propagation. That sounds like a lot, right? That’s because it’s a very heavy-handed way of telling the session that you want to immediately intercept usages of the Escape key, you don’t want the session to behave in the normal manner when that key is pressed, and you don’t want the event to bubble through the DOM. All of these settings put together will prevent Esc from closing your Popup, but it will also prevent you from “blurring” input fields you might be focused into, and it will prevent the collapsing of a dropdown if you happen to have on expanded. These are just the simple usages of Escape that I could think of off the top of my head; I’m sure there are more.

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 1.14.16 PM

Wow, ok. I need the user to show that they have had some user interaction with the popup. I guess escape is an interaction, and most of the time they will simply scan something into it, and not put the scanner down to press escape.

Thanks