Ignition 8 Online Demo Examples

Since a lot of people have been asking about how certain features of the demo project were accomplished, we thought we would share that with everyone here.

The user/password for Ignition is: admin/password

**Edit: The downloads are now available on our Ignition Extras page.**

Ignition Extras

The download under Gateway Backups includes everything to create your own copy of the demo on your own Ignition setup. This includes a Gateway Backup, SQL files, instructions, and individual project exports.

The download under VMWare Images is a full VM image that you can use with VMWare to run an entire working copy of the Ignition 8.0 demo projects.
The user/password for the OS is: ignition/ignition

9 Likes

Thank you for posting this, but I’m having some trouble with it. I was looking around in the Features/Database Management/Form Entry/Details folder, specifically the ‘View’ view and an embedded view inside it. The path to the view is ‘Page/Embedded/Table Card Layout/Responsive View’, which unfortunately doesn’t exist. Also, on that same view bound to the data parameter is a named query which doesn’t exist - there are no named queries at all in this project as far as I can tell.

The entire project was not exported, which is why some resources are not included. This is more of a set of examples that you can reference, rather than a whole working project. I will see if I can add those items in, so that those views are more complete.

I have updated the file that is linked in the first post - it includes some additional views and named queries, which should help with the database form examples.

I tried to download but it’s the same of first, there aren’t named queries.

It appears the Page Configuration doesn’t exist, nor any reference to how the menu system is done, or am I looking at it wrong?

Secondly, I’m looking through the views, and attempting to figure out what each component is. The new designer does not state what Component type it is at the bottom of the screen like the old designer. How do I tell what the type is at a glance?

This is something we’re working on (breadcrumbs which display not only the selected component type, but the component path as well).

Currently, the best way to tell what a component is in the Designer is to look at the name (in the Project Browser or Property Editor) because components drop-in with their Component Type as their default meta.name (which is then followed by an underscore and a numeral if there is already a Component with that name at the current level).

In a browser, you can identify item types by inspecting elements in the DOM.

if you look at the data-component attribute of any Perspective component, you’ll see that it declares not only the component type, but also what category of component i falls under. In the case of the screenshot, we can see that the text-field component would be found under the input category.

ok, thanks. As long as there is a way to see that again in the designer for release, I think it will be fine. Always good to know what we are working with on-screen. Thanks.

1 Like

I just re-uploaded the file and verified that the named queries are in there now. If you had previously downloaded it and did not see the named queries, then go ahead and try it again. It should also have some of the missing table views.

The page configuration wasn’t included because we wanted this to focus on providing examples that show how specific views were set up, and not about other aspects like navigation. The page configuration does have a small set of parameters that apply to the table’s filtering component, which I have added to the original download. You will need to add a new object named “historyFilter” in your session’s Custom properties, then copy/paste the historyFilter.json text into that object.

1 Like

I see that the Database Forms named queries are there, should there also be an Alarms folder as well to drive the alarm analysis view? Thanks.

Yes there is an Alarms folder that drives those views, however those queries were not included with the files. Those queries run against the alarm_events and alarm_event_data tables. If you’d like to see exactly how those work, then I can find about exporting those as well.

1 Like

Oh ok that makes sense. If you could find a way to include them, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for the support.

The download with the project files is now updated to include the alarm queries.

queryHistory function is used in Chart and it’s probably defined in gateway scripts, but they are missing in the project files.
Can you please provide them? Thanks.

The download has been updated. I included the alarm and history scripts.

2 Likes

Anyway we can get the header, navigation and main window for starting purposes?

Thanks,
Pete

1 Like

I am not clear from the instructions where the best place to download the tags.json is, can you assist please?

Our header/navigation is complicated and would raise more questions than it answers, especially if you are just looking for a simple place to start, but I can give you some pointers.

We use a combination of a Tab container and the Menu Tree component. Each Menu Tree has a binding to the items[] object that ends with a script transform, which then returns the array of items.

If you drag that component out into a view, you can use the example structure provided to get a look at what you need to return in the binding. Each object in items[] can also include a nested items[] object, so that you can create deeper levels of navigation. For each end link in the tree, the “target” value in the item object should point to a page that you have set in your page configuration ("/pageURL").

A binding is also optional here, and you can simply provide the data for the items[] property directly in the designer.

1 Like

The tags.json file is included with the .zip download file from the original post.