Ignition 8 Online Demo Examples

Why don’t you just backup the gateway and share it now? It’s the fastest and easiest way.
I believe it’s in this way people learn more of the tips and tricks in perspective.

Here’s a link to the backup and necessary files:
Ignition 8.0 Demo Files

We have included a Gateway Backup, SQL dump files, as well as individual project exports so you can import specific parts to your own projects.

2 Likes

I see the user in the vm with ubuntu is Ignition User. What is the password?

The user/password should be: ignition/ignition

“The user/password is: ignition/ignition” doesn’t work here.
Is there other demo login username/password?
Thanks.

Try using the following:
user: admin
pass: password

ignition/ignition should be the user/pass for the VM image.

what is the password for the gateway home page?i can log in using user:ignition pass:ignition

The user/password for the Gateway is: admin/password

I have downloaded Ignition 8 Demo VM. It works fine except for databases connections. Would like some hints solving that fault. Below is Designer launcher screen on the VM. Is it normal to have all that projects with different gateway addresses?

Here databases Status error :

Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

Did the connection credentials change? If that is the case, is it possible to share MySQL password?

Hi, thank you for bringing this to our attention! We’ve fixed this issue in this updated VM: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.inductiveautomation.com/demo/IgnitionDemoVMImage8.zip

Hello there, I am new to this forum. Interesting thread. Thanks for the examples :hugs:

How can I import this string (navJson-demo.txt) into my project?

Restoring a gateway backup restores all the user security from the gateway that was backed up. You can always reset the admin password on a gateway that you have admin access to by recommissioning it. Here’s the instructions on how to do that.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/System+Commissioning#SystemCommissioning-PasswordReset

That JSON string should no longer need to be imported separately, as it should be part of PerspectiveDemoTags, as well as the Gateway Backup.
If you do need to manually import it, then open up the Navigation memory tag and paste in the JSON.

The demo project home welcome page uses a unique way to display text on the labels. The PROPS text: value starts with an underscore “_home_welcome_text” but it is displays “A demo project showcasing most…” on the view. Can anyone help me understand how this is accomplished? I haven’t been able to find where is the raw text coming from.

Look into Tools -> Translation Manager. Most Perspective components automatically translate visible text in active sessions - the actual prop won’t change, but the visible value will.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the quick feedback.

Could we please have a backup of the new data center demo presentation?

Yes, we will be publishing it to the Exchange.

1 Like

Would you please publish section of building management system as well?