Ignition Mitsubishi Driver

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew where IA was with development of a Mitsubishi driver? I have an upcoming project using a Mitsubishi PLC. Is there any release date posted yet?

Thanks,

Frank

2 Likes

In progress but I can’t promise any kind of release date. It’s being used as a teaching vehicle for driver development so it’s difficult to estimate how long anything is going to take.

Do you know what hardware/models you’ll be working with?

1 Like

1 Like

I’m also very interested in talking with Mitsubishi PLCs with Ignition. Specifically, Q03UDVCPU.

I am currently using the Kepware Suite to talk to this processor via the onboard ethernet port on the CPU module itself. One down side to this is that the kepware drivers uses the raw tags in the processor and you cannot point to global labels in the processor as tags. This makes things a bit cumbersome when trying to address UDTs in the logic and marry them up with a UDT in ignition. At the moment my UDT members in Ignition are reference type tags pointing to some intermediate tags that read values from the processor. This at least allows me to have clean and concise tags on the Ignition side.

Thanks,

Frank

We are also very interested in an Ignition Mitsubishi driver. In our lab we have FX2, FX3, QnA series, L series, Q series PLCs and would be willing to do testing on these platforms.

I’ll put a vote in for this too, specifically Q series.

1 Like

Hello,

I am currently using an R08CPU. Which is an iQ-R series. Fingers crossed the Ignition Mitsu Module can drag and drop structured data types like the Rockwell Automation Control Logix module!

Thanks,

Frank

1 Like

I would like to put a vote in on this as well. We would be able to test against R, Q, L and FX5 if it would help. Any possible release dates would be welcome news.

We also have some Mitsubishi PLC’s that we would love to have working with Ignition. We have FX5U and FX3G.

Hello. I have favor to ask you that We expect to develop OPC UA for mitsubishi PLC Qseries driver direct connection such as Omron FINS/TCP by TCP/IP or UDP…
When will you develop it?

I will put another vote in for the Q series PLC's we have over 70 controllers we need to connect. Help us Obi-Won, you're our only hope!

We should have a Mitsubishi driver ready in Q1 2023.

It will support iQ-R, Q, and L series via ethernet at release. Additional models and serial support will likely come later.

6 Likes

That is Great News! Very timely as well. Thank you.

How about the IQ-F series? Like the FX5UC series CPU's? Getting ready to install one of those in a project. Any chance on a driver for those sometime this year?

Is this still planned for Q1 2023?

Hi Kevin. Any updates on this?

@Matthew_Farmer @Joachim we’re targeting 8.1.28 unless something comes up in testing.

tentative release dates:
8.1.27 - April 25
8.1.28 - May 30

The driver will support these series via ethernet:

• MELSEC iQ-R,
  • MELSEC iQ-F (FX5)
  • MELSEC-Q
  • MELSEC-L
7 Likes

Thanks Kevin,
I will be receiving equipment with a Mitsubishi MELSEC-Q series in mid April so the timing is pretty good for me.

Hello Mr.Kevain
I would like to confirm as below topics
Have you already release them?

tentative release dates:
8.1.27 - April 25
8.1.28 - May 30
The driver will support these series via ethernet:

• MELSEC iQ-R,
  • MELSEC iQ-F (FX5)
  • MELSEC-Q
  • MELSEC-L