Ignition System Requirements

Hello :slight_smile:
I was looking at the OS requirements for Ignition. Does Ignition work on Windows 10 IOT Enterprise?

1 Like

As long as it's an x86 architecture, then yes.

Here's the current published requirements for 8.1.5, found in the download page:

I can confirm that it works well with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC. I installed it on a system in the Summer of 2019 and have had no problems with that system.

Advantech has nice fanless PCs. I would almost always use windows, but thats just my preference.

Could you please confirm if you have installed the full Ignition or Ignition Edge?
Thanks

There’s no difference between the two of them when it comes to system requirements.

Edge is a special license and a whole bunch of logic checks to see what edition it is, but otherwise the same software with the same base requirements.

I want to purchase a computer from Onlogic which has the OS (Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC Entry (Atom) - 64 Bit with Ignition Edge). I was wondering if I decide to install Full Ignition and MS SQL Server, would it be possible?

Yes that should be possible, but it’s a pretty weak system to be running both Ignition and a DB unless you aren’t building a very big project with it.

Talk to our Sales Engineering department about your needs… they are pretty good at figuring out what kind of hardware will work best.

1 Like