Ignition Vision OPTO 22 groov Epic SNAP PAC Driver Questions

Hello,

I was needing to get some clarification on the capabilities of the OPTO 22 SNAP PAC Driver and was wondering if anyone has had experience with these PLC's and using this driver for communication. We have a PLC that is a SNAP-PAC-R1 with a SNAP-PAC-BRAIN EB2 expansion rack/remote rack. Not sure which one it is considered. I'm not very familiar with OPTO 22 so I'm not sure what all the capabilities are. I was wondering if this driver would be able to talk seamlessly to this model PLC, both racks, without issues and how complicated would it be to install and set up the driver if we were to purchase it.

Thank you in advance.

Hello, I was able to locate this post which seems similar: OPC UA - Opto 22 groov EPIC and SNAP PAC.

Generally it looks like this driver can connect, but not necessarily directly to the device's IO cards. If this is an issue, Opto 22 has a workaround to connect to the cards included in that forum reply as well.

If you have additional questions on these Opto22 devices, or drivers, you can find Opto22's forum here: https://forums.opto22.com/, and their training here: Opto22 - PAC Control Basic, as linked by Benson on that previous forum post. Good luck with these new devices!

thank you, that was the information I was looking for. Will look into which would be the better option for our current setup.

1 Like