Ignition Vision Power Table Accordion

Hello all
Working on another project, and came across a use case for a table where each row can be clicked on and it “expands” to show more details, currently thinking of another table with the same headers as the main row.
I am trying to find a way to do this in Vision. In perspective there is an option to have a view inside a dropdown on a row, and I could configure said view to do this, My question is if there is something like this already for vision, and if so, where.
Thank you for reading

You’re going to have a very hard time doing this inside Vision. Java Swing really wants tables to be in a pretty strict 2D format.

Within Vision, I would probably try to implement this entirely as “custom components” (i.e. templates) inside the template canvas, taking advantage of MigLayout.
Another approach would be a custom module dropping in a new Vision component entirely, though. You could possibly achieve something close to the desired output using a JXTreeTable (think the tag browser, or the new Configuration Explorer for what that looks like).

1 Like