Import data from excel inside the table component

Hello community, hope you are well!
I want to know if there's a way to import the data into the table component of ignition perspective.
For Adding data in bulk , adding one row at a time becomes tedious, hence wanted to try if we can just import excel so that huge chunk of data is added to my table in one go.
Thanks.

I don't think Excel has a built-in feature for exporting to json wich i think is the easiest format.

However here is an online tool I found to convert CSV to JSON

By the way I dosn't have to be csv, xlsx files works as well

I you prefer not give away private data Microsoft gave an example of a script to use to convert your excel file to json

Once your table converted, you can juste copy-paste it to the props.data property of your table component

@Alexi_Andrzejewski i want to push(import) data into the table by importing an excel file into perspective table, so that i dont have to manually keep entering each row of my table

You can use a File Upload component to get the Excel File into Ignition. In the file received event, you would push the file bytes into the Apache POI libraries, from which you can loop through the workbooks sheets and rows and columns however you like. But you have to write some jython.

Various discussions of how to do this, with scattered examples:

https://forum.inductiveautomation.com/search?q=file%20upload%20apache%20poi%20order%3Alatest

If you'd like to study a particularly complex example, you may find this interesting:

1 Like