Kudos to the discussion forum

This discussion forum has been an amazing tool. It's a vast knowledge base for the Ignition users/developers/learners etc which is growing richer day by day. I am amazed by the efficiency of this tool which we have taken for granted! Its features which are growing day by day, its stability, its ease of use, and most importantly its fast response time! I thought we must complement the developers and maintainers of this tool which is such a robust and huge product by itself! No other product has such a live and vibrant community of users to my knowledge. It's life line for most of the integrators and users of Ignition. Kudos to IA for providing such a beautiful platform (apart from the beautiful Ignition SCADA platform)! I wonder if it is developed and maintained by IA or it's a third party tool!

6 Likes

Sorry you had to wait 3 hours for an answer! :ok_man:

This is 2017 post and migration to discourse hasn't happened! I think this was previous discussion forum tool, which was not so great! Current forum is a replacement for the previous one. There was no Discourse forum in between. I am confused!

Line 10 of this page's HTML is,
<meta name="generator" content="Discourse 3.3.0.beta1-dev - https://github.com/discourse/discourse version 7f7ef60a7b95be2fb4f2d58d3a01814721880df4">

Discourse is in there 344 times (before I mentioned it). I think we're running on Discourse. I presume the service is hosted by them.

Defo hosted by some service, things like the chirpstack forum is near identical in layout (Categories - ChirpStack Community Forum)

1 Like

Are we civilized?

Depends on if people have read the training material

2 Likes

This is definitely a Discourse forum, and has been since the conversion in 2017.

Oh I got confused with another tool called discord https://discord.com which is different from this discourse tool!

The thing that makes a forum good, is the people on it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, it's a Discourse forum, and it's been fun to watch the community here grow over the years.

5 Likes

Shoutout to all the regulars around here who keep the atmosphere pleasant :slightly_smiling_face:.

8 Likes

Only thing is that it has a mix to new as well as experienced users in the forum. Hence sometimes it's annoying to see some basic questions being asked repeatedly by beginners. But I guess we have to learn to filter them out and selectively read/reply. Of course search should be the first option then IU training is a must for all new users using the forum.

This forum is much better than other forums I use and participate in.
IA has a great community of developers with a culture of helping.

3 Likes

Let's not forget other two great tools that IA has in addition to this forum that makes Ignition a great package to use. These are the IU platform and the Exchange platform! These are too good ! Especially the IU gives such a wonderful opportunity for a beginner to get started as well as for advanced users to refresh their knowledge as and when required. Exchange is great for perspective users. Kudos to these tool developers and maintainers as well. Don't know if they are also third-party tools or in-house tools of IA.

1 Like

It would be an injustice if we didn't mention the monthly webinars and the annual ICC meets that IA has been conducting regularly as an excellent source of information and opportunity to network.

1 Like