KyvisLabs ApexChart Module

I have a pull request on github already open to fix this issue. Just waiting for a merge.

2 Likes

This module is free?

Are there any drawbacks or considerations I need to know about the module?

I really like the radar chart with stacked series.
I can bind query data like regular perspective components allow?

Yes its free. Works awesome for certain applications.
Some chart types might not be able to be done how you want. But i think on the whole, the offerings are much better than the default charts available in Perspective right now..

I recommend giving it a shot and see what you think, based on your application needs.

I have noticed it is miles faster than Perspective components currently offered for datasets where row count is in the thousands.

1 Like

Hello,
We would like to use ApexCharts with Ignition Edge (8.1.25). We have developed one Guage using ApexChart module on our Ignition local gateway, however the same Gauge is not working/displaying on Edge.

Ignition edge showing below error.

Please advise.

Third party modules are generally not allowed in Edge. Contact your sales agent at IA to see what might be possible for free modules.

3 Likes

Good morning, I create a very simple apex chart following the example of the website https://apexcharts.com/javascript-chart-demos/line-charts/zoomable-timeseries/

If I try to use the pan-zoom function launching the project via web everything works, instead if I try to zoom or pan with the smartphone it looks like the functions are disabled.

Maybe there's something to enable?

Thanks for the help.

Hi

Anybody can replicate the Syncing charts in the Perspective?

As it needs several different options object and uses chart.group I wonder how to do with the module which only accepts single option.

This works using 3 separate charts. Set a unique value on props.options.chart.id and a common group name on props.options.chart.group

4 Likes

I did that but it seems as charts are isolated in module they don't detect each other.

Did you do that before? If yes could you please export the view for me.

Here is a view to import that worked for me
ApexChartGroup.zip (57.1 KB)

2 Likes

I did the same thing but as you see in following image when I mouse hover one chart it only show tooltip for one not the other chart as well.

What are the lengths of each charts props.series[i].data arrays? It looks like having different lengths causes this functionality to break, while different lengths of the props.chart.xaxis.categories does not.

1 Like

All three pen set to return 500 point with same time range.

Hmm, not sure. Can you attach a copy of the view?

Sure
card.zip (15.5 KB)

I played around with the view a bit. I dropped the point count to 5 for simplification and just returned null values for all items. If the t_stamps are aligned, the synchronization works, but if a binding updates at a different time it does not.

vs

You could try to retrieve all of the datapoints in a single event, then write them to the proper series on change.

2 Likes

Got you. The reason I try to delete null value is they cause designer freeze and run time slow down which is strange

I create dummy variables to keep Perspective charts happy.
In SQL, I join a blank interval and select case with preceding to handle null datapoints.
I have a bar chart behind to depict active datapoints, maybe useful.
Maybe it won't translate to that set of charts though.

I see something really strange when my 2hrs trial version is finished, the runtime and designer are extremely slow and laggy.
I do some check and find out that your return dataset has a Null value, this will happen for a time series-type chart.

Adding tickAmount to the yaxis causes designer crash as shown below:
tickAmount crash