8.0.13 introduces some major visual changes in
Perspective. Theming has been overhauled and fully implemented. The result is a culmination of many months of intensive design, development, quality assurance, and collaboration. A sincere thank you to everyone who was involved in this project. In brief, here is what you need to know about the changes to theming in Perspective. For a more detailed introduction into what theming is meant to solve and the theory behind it, keep a lookout for an upcoming blog post.
- The majority of components have been extensively themed, with the exception of chart and third party gauge components.
- Every component now follows consistent design patterns to provide your project with a more unified look.
darkthemes have been fully implemented.
- We’ve added four more built-in themes;
dark-warm. See preview below.
- The properties or implementation of some components may have changed in order to support theming. For example, the ProgressBar has been redesigned and the Checkbox and RadioGroup are now icon based.
- Docks have no background color, i.e. they are transparent by default.
- The theming system has been updated to allow for modular development of themes and help alleviate some of the frustrations inherent to managing large amounts of CSS.
- Any existing files found in the themes directory upon upgrade will be copied to a folder called
- If at some point you had created your own theme or modified one of the existing built-in themes (don’t do this) you will need to revisit your changes in order to make them compatible with the new theming system.
- Those interested in creating their own themes may reference the “Guide to Theming in Perspective” at the root of the themes directory (README.md) upon upgrade.
We highly recommend reviewing your projects to determine if anything may need to be adjusted as a result of this major visual change. For the early adopters, please feel free to report any issues you encounter so we can help resolve them as soon as possible.