Page Configuration Disappearing in Designer?

Has anyone come across their perspective page configurations Disappearing after opening the designer? The page configs are still active in the back end (Can launch sessions correctly…)

Takes 1 - 2 ReLaunches and it comes good.

V8.1.12
Windows 10

Bump?? Has multiple times since, any news?

Not in my case, I was not able to replicate what you described.

its strange, sometimes it will load correctly and then other times it wont.

Today i had it change while i was working on other scripting within the gateway. I had fully configured all the docked views & pages about a week ago and then today they are all gone… i only realised when i went to launch a session and it came up blank…

Not so bad on this particular gateway as it only has a small number of pages but some of the other gateways that have 50-100 that could be a pain.

I found this in the Output console…

10:00:04.215 [Designer-Startup] INFO designer.main - Cleanup... [+2234]
10:00:04.267 [Designer-Startup] INFO designer.main - Initializing UI... [+2286]
10:00:04.370 [DesignerExecEngine-1] INFO tags.subscriptions - Changing connected quality to 'Good'
10:00:04.371 [Designer-Startup] INFO tags.manager.gwinterface - Tag poll rate changed to 250 ms
10:00:08.018 [Designer-Startup] INFO designer.main - Starting module: Vision [+6037]
10:00:12.312 [Designer-Startup] INFO designer.main - Starting module: Perspective [+10331]
10:00:15.492 [Designer-Startup] INFO Perspective.Designer - Starting up Perspective module.  Mode: Trial
10:00:19.314 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO Perspective.SessionProps - Session props debug url: http://localhost:9222/devtools/inspector.html?ws=localhost:9222/devtools/page/69430FCD1D9446D0B5392BE3081CC2C3
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.pageconfig.PagesConfigPanel$PageList.lambda$new$4(PagesConfigPanel.java:277)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.EDTUtil$ProcessQueue.run(EDTUtil.java:128)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
10:00:21.363 [Designer-Startup] INFO designer.main - Starting module: Symbol Factory [+19382]
10:00:21.370 [Designer-Startup] INFO designer.main - Starting module: Alarm Notification [+19389]
10:00:21.517 [Browser Thread: 52039] INFO Perspective.SessionProps - store.Designer: No Java bridge was found on the current executing parent window. ```

Losing saved configurations sound severe to me. You should redirect this with support. And regarding that log, doesn’t seem to be related with your problem.

Looks like a Null Pointer exception related to Page config panel list.

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.pageconfig.PagesConfigPanel$PageList.lambda$new$4(PagesConfigPanel.java:277)```

Any updates on this? I believe this happened to me as well.

Still happens in our projects, page config gets delete from time to time. Is annoying but if you export that particular resource and import it when it gets deleted, is the way to overcome it for now.

This seems to be happening on one of my gateways as well. Perspective page configurations will randomly disappear and nothing relevant shows up in the logs.

Has there been an update? this is similar to [BUG] Page config "pages" dictionary emptied. Page Configuration lost - Ignition - Inductive Automation Forum