Perspective Components

What would cause all of my components in Perspective to be “grayed out”?

My guess is you’re in preview mode. You’re locked out of putting in any new components when you’re in preview mode (the play button is pressed in the Perspective Designer toolbar).

3 Likes

No I’m not in preview mode

What version are you using? If I remember correctly they added some new features to 8.0.9 or one of the nightlies to help with concurrent editing. Not sure on the specifics yet since I haven't updated yet.

That might lock out some options.

Scratch that, according to the change logs its just a UI thing to show when updates are availiable and who is editing what.

1 Like

Are there designer roles configured in your project properties? You might have view-only privileges for the project. That’s the only other thing I can think of (besides concurrent editing in an earlier release (?) a la @grietveld) that might be causing it.

The view could be protected which can prevent editing, though I’m pretty sure there’s a popup that alerts you of that when the view is opened.

@kirsten.chambers No designer roles are configured. See the screenshot below…

Again, remember i created my first view (flex layout with several components) but as soon as i created my next view my components went gray. When i go back to my first view my components (in the perspective components tab) are still grayed out.

Have you tried entering/exiting preview mode, and if that fails, saving the project and relaunching the designer? I bet one of those will solve the issue.

If it persists, then I’m stumped. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

1 Like

@kirsten.chambers @grietveld @Nightly Changelogs - 2020
I found the issue. I wasn’t aware of the second preview play button in the upper right hand side of the screen. The main one used in vision projects is the one which i was clicking, however the other one makes the difference. See below… Thanks everyone for the quick response and support!!

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s due to being a new Designer Workspace or if you elected to reset your panels, but yes, you have toolbars for multiple contexts open. The best way from where you are right now to get to a point where you only see toolbars relevant to your context (Perspective, Vision, Named Queries, Alarm Pipelines, etc) is to enter each context by left-clicking it in the Project Browser, and then moving on to the next one.

1 Like