Perspective Power Chart tag browser question

is there any way to modify the tag browser of the chart?
I would like to show the description of the tags instead of the names.

Thank you

1 Like

This is especially important for tag history coming from mqtt providers, as these can’t always be named nicely for an operator

1 Like

Please vote here:
https://ideas.inductiveautomation.com/ignition-features-and-ideas/p/history-tag-alias-field

1 Like

in vision I have been able to do it by creating my own tag browser.

Yep, I made my own trend viewer for Vision with descriptive names and tag filtering, very easy to find and select the tags you want.

1 Like

yes, so in perspective for now nothing can be done? give up?

Hello,

Is there any plans to allow filtering, wildcards on this power chart tag browser control? It is quite cumbersome to click through layers and layers of folders and tags. As the number of tags increasing so does the scrolling. We are running perspective 8.1.14 BTW.

Thanks,

Frank

1 Like

Not exactly. The only solution I found is through the translation manager…
Yes, it WILL translate the tags names in the tag browser.

If you have too many tags to translate manually, but already have display names configured on your tags, use a script to generate the translations for you.

Hello,

I am not sure I follow your post. I do not need to translate anything with the tags in the browser I simply want a filter/search option with wildcards to show that tags I want and then I can click and add them to chart.

Thanks,

Frank

Yes, I was answering to @lachguerabdallah 's question, regarding how to change the display names of the tags. While this can’t be done directly, the internal name can be translated into something more user friendly through the translation manager.

Any updates? The translations currently only work in the tags browser, but it would be helpful to see the 'translation' in Legends and on the chart as well.

you can use scripting to create your own browser tag, you have to hide the browser tag button from power chart.

Hi, the browser is ok.. the problem is to rebuild the PowerChart! :sweat_smile: