Perspective Request Print doesn't always render everything on the page

I'm trying to replace some historical performance charts that are generated by
someone gathering data from Ignition pages, doing some extra calculations and manually entering the numbers in an excel spreadsheet.

That's all going great, until I try to print these pages as they want to put these charts on a whiteboard. Using the 'Request Print Action' targeting either the View or Page, it doesn't always show everything that is visible in the browser.

As shown in the screenshot below, the title on the selected tab is missing, as well as the axis markers (there should be increments of 10 on the y-axis showing %, and dates "d-MMM" along the x-axis)

Has anyone else seen this and knows of a fix/workaround?

Edit: Seems to work fine in Firefox, but not on Chromium-based browsers...

Hi Joel_Farley,

Which browser and version are you using that you are seeing this issue for? I think the workaround for now would be to use Firefox since you are able to see everything displayed.

You should also open a support ticket so this issue can be looked into further.
Here is the link to the support portal: https://support.inductiveautomation.com/hc

Out of curiosity, what is different about the tab in question? Is that the active tab? Is it rendering as a View? Is it disabled? None of these should matter, and yet something is different; determining that difference would really help us troubleshoot this better.

That is the active tab just a basic label, not trying to render another view.

However, every time I requested a print, it would render differently. It was just this time that the tab was missing. Sometimes it would not render the small numbers (bullet labels) at the top of the columns, other times it would render the x and y axis scales.

Interesting. Okay, thank you!

Chromium-based browsers, both of these do not render the print correctly:
msedge: 121.0.2277.112
google chrome: 120.0.6099.291

Gekco-based browser:
firefox: 122.0.1

Here is how it rendered when printing from firefox.

After putting in the title of the support ticket, I got a list of suggested support pages including this one suggesting clearing the cache helps the i-frame component. Once I cleared the cache on msedge, the printing also worked fine.

Is there a way that I can clear cache from a script? I don't think that the user asking to print it would be able to do that themselves...

You might be able to accomplish that by adding a variable to url like in this forum post. You could then use a message handler that updates the src of the iFrame with the same URL but appends on a new time stamp...