[Perspective] [Windows] How to embed a VNC remote connection in a View?

Hello. I've read around the forum about being able to embed a VNC connection to a remore server in a Perspective View, but I didn't find a clear solution for my case. My gateway is running on a Windows system, so I cannot install Apache Guacamole on my Ignition server, and neither I can run it in Docker 'cause we are using a pretty old LTSC version (1809), which has some compatibility issues with Docker Desktop. May I ask how to achieve this?

Thank you.

Change your gateway OS. :man_shrugging:

I would do it in the bat of an eye if I could. :slightly_frowning_face:
Let's suppose I would be able to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 LTSC (21H1). Will a Dockerized Guacamole instance running on my Ignition Gateway machine let me connect to remote VNC servers? I cannot fully understand if Apache Guacamole only works as a server or as a client as well. Remote VNC servers are already up and running, so I just need a way to open those connections and show them in a Perspective view: is that feasible?

Thanks.

Well, whoever is asking for this feature needs to cough up the resources to get to a suitable platform. Or concede the use of alternate platforms that don't have significant (or any) price tags.

Likely. I haven't done it, so I don't know the details. Do note that you will either need to control the relevant CORS headers, or put both Ignition and Guac behind a common reverse proxy.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile: