Popup right-click on inactive objects

Version 8.0.8
When you right-click on an inactive (no mouse action) object, a popup appears with the following options: Restore, Move, Size Minimize, Maximize and Close. All options are not active.
Can the appearance of this popup be blocked?

You can override the context menu by creating a simple script on the componentā€™s mouseClicked event:

if event.button == 3: pass
1 Like

Thanks for the tip! It is also possible to disable this in a project without having to walk through all objects?

As far as I know, and I am no expert, you would have to assign the script on the Root Container for every window. I donā€™t remember seeing an option anywhere to disable the context menu itselfā€“the script doesnā€™t really even do that, it just hijacks the mouse event.

Iā€™m a little unclear on what ā€œinactive objectsā€ are being referred to in this thread. Can you elaborate a bit, please?

Any object on the screen (inside the Vision window), which doesnā€™t have any mouse action defined.
And this is very irritatingā€¦ and if you click on ā€˜Closeā€™, the currently opened window is closed and you areā€¦ fu**edā€¦
In Ignition v8.1.1 is still thereā€¦
Screenshot_6
Who in IA thought that this was a good idea to enable a popup, which I didnā€™t define myself and with no possibility to turn that ā€˜featureā€™ off?

2 Likes

This is fixed in 8.1.19.

1 Like