Popups In Perspective

I am trying to create a motor popup in perspective. I have the motor popup view created, with a UDT param defined. I have created property bindings to the UDT param for each item in the view. Now how do I open that motor popup view from a button on my main screen and pass UDT tag to the popup? I have created the Popup action on the “onClick” event and added the property to the Parameters list but I cannot seem to get a value for that property.

I have tried creating a Custom property on the button and binding it to my UDT tag but that does not seem to work. I have also tried creating a new property (PROP) on the button and binding it to my UDT tag but that does not seem to work.

What am I missing here?

I don't know the answer to your actual question, but I know there are several users of the forum, myself included, who prefer to send the tagpath of a UDT as a string instead of the UDT instance. In this method you use indirect tag bindings (which can be bidirectional) instead of property bindings to the UDT parameter.

More info in this post.

Thanks for that! Using a string path for the UDT tag and Indirect Binding worked! Not sure what I was doing wrong with the UDT and Properties binding but I have wasted enough time trying to figure it out.

1 Like