Power chart perspective legend

I’m using the power chart to display most of our trends, I’ve set up the pens that I want fixed based on the trend page they’re on, e.g. shows flows on the “flow trend” etc. I would like the bottom pen display panel to appear, but I don’t want the operator to be able to modify the trends as they’re only for reference.

I see an option on the trend for a legend, but this doesn’t appear to do anything. Is there a way to stop the user editing this pen display panel or actually show a legend. I’d rather not have to create my own container with my own legend if I can get it made on the object.

I don’t recall the option, but its definitely there. In runtime, there’s a button to minimise the tag pens table at the bottom which actually shows the legend instead. There should also be options to disallow showing that table again.
All a bit vague for now sorry… If someone else hasn’t replied by the time I get to my laptop, I’ll clarify

1 Like

See if Power chart pen control is of any help to you. The author was trying to hide the pens button. You might be able to use the same technique to hide the edit buttons.

1 Like

I was able to get it working, I created two styles, hidePowerChartEdit and hidePowerChartDelete

I put the script into hidePowerChartEdit

}.psc-hidePowerChartEdit .ia_powerChartComponent__penDataDisplay__table__icon.edit-pen-icon { display: none !important; }{

and put this script into hidePowerChartDelete

}.psc-hidePowerChartEdit .ia_powerChartComponent__penDataDisplay__table__icon.delete-pen-icon { display: none !important; }{

With this done, if I set the powerchart class to be hidePowerChartEdit, the edit and delete button no longer appears, but I still can hide the pens and see all of the other data we want from the pen control table.

This is the first I’ve used the CSS injection, so this should be a useful tool in future, though I’ll need to check it all still works with future upgrades.

Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

i dont think they will change it any time soon, but yeah you can also do it with theme.css but its annoying its not possible in the designer