SAML2 IdP Response Data

Hi, I have a working SAML2 IdP connection. I am interested in extracting the entire XML file returned from the IdP, whereas the attribute mapping features only allow parsing specific XML elements from the response data. How do I extract the entire XML file returned from the IdP in Ignition?

Thank you

Unfortunately there is no clean way to access the raw SAML IdP Response XML. We have a ticket in our backlog to expose the XML as a session property in Perspective.

If you need the full response XML from the user attribute mappers, you might be able to form an XPath expression pointing to the root node of the XML. You could try passing this value to a runScript() expression function to have a script parse the XML as per your requirements. That's the best workaround I can think of for now.

Could you provide more details about your use case and why you need the full response XML?

1 Like

The SAML Response XML is now available as a Perspective session prop starting with version 8.1.41-SNAPSHOT-b20240514

See: Nightly 8.1 Changelogs - 2024 - #82 by system

Hopefully this satisfies your use case.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I'll let you know when I complete my testing of the new version.

This has been resolved with Ignition version 8.1.42, released today

1 Like