Slow View Client Startup + Java checkbox

I have developed several screens in Ignition and have clients running on PCs that should have plenty of horsepower. But the clients take about 2 minutes to startup. I am running the trial version of 7.9.7 (2 hour timeouts). Does that have any bearing on speed? The clients are 64 bit and I have the 64 bit version of java (and it is 8u171). The PCs and server are on a local switch as is the PLC that most everything comes from, but my customer set the Ignition up with SFCs and a database available thru a VPN.

Also, the java gives a message every time asking if we want to run the application because it may be a security risk, and there isn’t a checkbox to make it stop asking that. Is there something I can do to prevent these messages and having to check the box that it is ok? I put the address listed in the exception list, but it didn’t change anything.

I would guess java is trying to connect to the internet to validate the certificate signature chains, and you are getting the standard 90-second TCP/IP connection failure timeout.

1 Like

If these clients are totally off the internet, you can try disabling certificate revocation check - that’s a common source of slow launching. Assuming you’re on Windows, open the java control panel, then in the advanced section you can disable certificate revocation checks:

Thank you - that brought it down to less than 10 seconds. Am I stuck with the security prompt?

So after closing and reopening it a few more times, even those went away. Thanks, again!

Interesting in our case that Ignition launched sooner (40 seconds vs 1 min 10 seconds) but it took long for ignition to fully load (2 min 50 seconds vs 1 min 45 seconds). The first times are setting do not check for Signed Code Certificate Revocation Checks and TLS Certificate Revocation Checks. The second times were with the default settings.

Using an Emerson Rxi Panel PC. GX-210HL processor , 2 cores, 1.0Ghz/1MB 267 Mhz. Memory is 8 GB